Ortel Electronics provides limited warranty for all products and accessories delivered with your products, policy to its customers so that they feel sure and secure about buying the product. Subjects to the conditions of this limited warranty of products to be free from defects in design, materials and workmanship at the time of it’s original purchased by you and for subsequent period of 1 year for products and 6 months on battery, USB cables & connectors. The Ortel Electronics warranty policy assures its customer that the will get the required support and services if any problem occurs with the product. But the customers make note of the point that these services will be provided only if the product is in warranty period.
The warranty policy is applicable only if the customer fulfills the following conditions:
- If the product has been purchased within the country, that is, India.
- The warranty will only be given to the customer who has purchased the product.
- The product should be of Ortel Brand only, and the customer must have the bill/invoice for the purchase. The customer may be asked to share the invoice with the company at the time of claiming warranty.
- The warranty will be applicable only if the product has been used following the instructions that are given in the manual.
- The product will not be accepted for claiming warranty if it is physically damaged, for example, if it is broken or burnt. In such cases, the customer can avail the paid services of the company by bringing the products to the service center.
- The customer can only claim the warranty only if it has been brought straight to the notice of the company. This means that the customer must not take the product to a non-authorized person first.
- The customer with regards to its software, circuit, or body has not modified the product. The product must not carry any defects as well. Personnel from the company will determine all these.
- The customer will not be able to claim the warranty if he/she uses the product with accessories other than those provided by the company with the product.
- If any expenses were incurred while shipping the product to the company, then the customer would have to bear it.
- If the product is damaged while shipping to the company, then it will not fall under the warranty claim because of the physical damage. However, the customer can get the repair services from the company on paid basis.
- The company will give the return courier charges. However, if the product suffers further damage, then the company will not be held responsible for it.
- After the customer has claimed the warranty, it will not be extended. The warranty time period will not be extended.
- The replaced parts will be kept/retained by the company.
- If the product or any part of product could not be replaced, then the company will provide an equal substitute for it. Though there can be some minor or negligible differences. If this does not happen, then the company will provide an invoice note of the same price value of the product. In such conditions, the customer will be required to submit all the other accessories of the related product to the company. If the customer fails to do so, then the company will deduct the appropriate charges.
If the product is damaged or defective on arrival - Dead on arrival
If the customer receives a defective or damaged product, then the company will take its responsibility. In such situations. The customer will be required to put a complaint on the company’s website or call on the customer care number given by the company. The customer will be required to send the product back in its original form with packaging as well as all the contents such as accessories or guidebooks.
- If the product suffers any damage or defect while being used by the customer, then it will not be considered as a dead on arrival product.
- The company will decide if the product falls under the category of dead on arrival product.
- Any product bought from Ortel that has any defect while in sale or within 7 business days of product delivery will be marked as a dead on arrival product.
- The customers are required to retain an invoice copy or bill to claim the DOA.
- The defective product will be replaced with a new product.
Support for products that are out of warranty
- If the product does not have the warranty then the repair work will be done only as decided by the service center, and that too only if the repairing is possible. The service center will charge reasonable amount for it.
- In case the repair is not possible for the product, the same product will be returned to the customer.
- The customer will get the limited warranty of maximum 15 days after the repair work, and that too would be for the same problem.
Warranty policy as designed by www.ortelelectronic.com can be changed without any prior notice or information to the customers.